BitPost ™ is an alternative product for Creosote or Carbolineum. It is a New Zealand manufactured bituminous oil based emulsion / polymer product.
Our BitPost™ Spray Grade is intended for smaller projects where application by means of knapsack is required. We do recommend BitPost ™ Brush-On for larger projects as it is more cost effective and can also be sprayed using airless or air assisted spray equipment.
Because of its rot-resisting and disinfecting effect, BitPost ™ is ideally suited for the preservation and staining of wooden structures such as Post and Rail fences, Retaining walls and Construction timber framing etc. It is also suitable to preserve in-ground planted posts.
Timber typically requires one coat only although when spraying it might require two coats to ensure an even black result. One (1) Litre will cover approximately 2 to 3 Square Meters. On Post and (3 rails) fence 1 Litre will cover approximately 2 to 3 linear meters, stained on both sides.
- 4ltr will cover 8 to 12 Square Meters or 8 to 12 linear meters of Post & Rail Fence
- 20ltr will cover 40 to 60 Square Meters or 40 to 60 linear meters of Post & Rail Fence
- 200ltr will cover 400 to 600 Square Meters or 400 to 600 linear meters of Post & Rail Fence
BitPost ™ - Spray Grade is intended primarily for surface application by spraying with a knapsack garden sprayer or by other spray equipment.
BitPost ™ - Spray Grade Gives an economical yet high quality finish which is ideal for larger projects.
A re-coat will be required after 3 to 5 years, where after it will last another 8 to 10 years before coating again.
The colour is black to very dark brown.
Please have a look at our BitPost ™ 8 liter Spray kit.
- BitPost ™ is an alternative product for the use of Creosote or Carbolimium which has been limited and/or forbidden by some countries due to the introduction of stricter environmental regulations.
- BitPost ™ will retard distortion, movement and splitting of timber, due to weather exposure
- BitPost ™ is non-corrosive to metals
- Can be used on other wood structures
- Suitable on in-ground Posts
- Will penetrate the timber rapidly
- For best results apply to dry timber
- BitPost ™ is idealy suited for:
- Horse Fencing : Horses will not nibble on coated fence
- Chicken Coops : BitPost will reduce the risk of RED MITE infestation
- Vegetable Gardens : BitPost can be used on boxes and stakes
For more detailed information please see our documents below.
BitPost ™ is an oily water emulsion, water-soluble, non-flammable, black to very brown mixture from bitumen, water and petroleum components, smelling of tar.
BitPost ™ is a New Zealand manufactured, creosote alternative, bituminous emulsion / polymer product which will penetrate the timber rapidly due to its viscosity.
BitPost ™ gives a high degree of water repellence and will retard distortion, movement and splitting of timber, due to weather exposure.
BitPost ™ preserver is non-flammable and the treated wood, after drying, presents no greater fire hazard than ordinary timber.
BitPost ™ is non-corrosive to metals and can have a protective action on iron and steel.
BitPost ™ is non toxic and is safe around your animals.
These documents contain important information about:
- Material Safety Data
- General Information
- Safe use
- First Aid
- Clean Up
- Available Packing Sizes
- and more information
Note: To view the following PDF documents, you will require some type of PDF-reader plugin on your system.
If you need an up-to-date plugin you can install Adobe's free PDF reader from here.
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Product Data Sheet (PDS)
General Information Summary